Hannah Betts is an award winning competitive skydiver and Hollywood stunt performer in movies like Captain Marvel, The Hunger Games, Jurassic World, and many more.
From living in a trailer with no bathroom while working as a police officer to being blindfolded inside a Prius submerged in a lake, Hannah’s unique experiences throughout her life have taught her so much about herself.
In this episode we chat about:
- How Hannah’s competitive skydiving unknowingly prepared her for her work as a stunt performer
- The importance of separating the body from the mind in her work
- What she learned about herself during her time as a competitive skydiver
- Why she lived on the drop zone in a trailer without a bathroom
- How she broke into the Hollywood stunt scene
- Her desire to just be herself
- Not being able to control things and why it’s not worth spending so much energy trying to control things you can’t control
- Lessons learned from becoming a stunt performer