Kim Kaupe is the co-founder & CEO of The Superfan Company, a company that creates one-of-a-kind products and programs for entertainers, brands, and celebrities. She was featured on ABC’s hit show Shark Tank and secured offers from 4 out of 5 sharks.
Kim never set out to found her own company. She had her eyes set on magazines from a young age. She was ready to leave the job she didn’t enjoy and ask her previous employer for her old job back when a friend started telling her about an idea she had been thinking about.
In this episode, we chat about:
- What life skills Kim learned from being an only child
- Her childhood growing up in southern Florida
- The impact her parents had on her life and her success
- How her competitive nature plays into what she does
- How sports was a shaping factor in her life and the life skills she learned from them
- Why sports are great for learning self discipline, communication skills, teamwork instead of a textbook
- One of the big mistakes she made in her career
- How she thinks about the worst case scenario
- The importance of becoming comfortable with change
- Her desire to help others through the same struggles she went through
If you enjoy this episode, please help spread the podcast by leaving a review here: https://ratethispodcast.com/woh