Amie Heeter: What Makes You Come Alive?
In 2017, Amie Heeter and her family embarked on a year long journey that she calls a radical sabbatical. They sold their house, quit their jobs, took their kids out of school, and hit the road in a camper trailer.
They wanted to relieve burnout, evaluate if they wanted to move to the family farm, and reconnect with nature. Amie paused her life in a seemingly extreme way, but she reminds us that even the smallest intentional pause can help us feel more alive.
In this episode, Amie Heeter and I chat about:
- The 3 main reasons she and her family took a radical sabbatical
- The lessons she learned in her time working at Isle Royale National Park
- Showing her children the importance of being immersed in nature and connected to this planet
- Reorienting her relationship with time
- Intentionally leaning into discomfort
- The various ways she has come alive in her life
- How becoming a mother affected her
- What hanging out with people older than her has taught her
- The importance of fresh air baths