David Armano experienced a major shock to his system in 2020 when he was unexpectedly laid off from his job due to the COVID-19 pandemic. That was on top of postponing a wedding and navigating family life post-divorce.
As someone who isn’t afraid of leaning into a bit of discomfort, David decided to get vulnerable and open up about what was happening in his life with others. He quickly learned that people connect with vulnerability, and they wanted to know that side of him.
In this episode, David Armano and I discuss:
- How we both got married before our brains were fully developed
- How David’s getting laid off was a positive shock to his system
- Why it felt uncomfortable for him at first to be honest about getting laid off
- Why his parents marriage isn’t a model for what he wants out of a relationship
- His North Star and guiding principles for living life
- The importance of being vulnerable no matter how uncomfortable it feels