Emily Drake left her career in public relations without a plan. She hit her bottom emotionally and professionally in the years that followed. Despite getting paid well to do work that exercised her strengths, she felt she was climbing a ladder she never meant to climb.
She was working, but not doing her work. And she wondered…who am I?
Emily embarked on a journey to answer that question, a journey that brought answers she wasn’t expecting.
Today Emily is a licensed therapist and the owner/CEO of The Collective Academy.
In this episode, Emily Drake and I discuss:
- Why Emily is a recovering perfectionist
- How her family jumped in to support Emily when they saw how her job was negatively affecting her life
- The inspiration her mom has been
- Why she has a huge care team surrounding her, sponsor, therapist, coach
- How she views life as a spiral staircase
- Dealing with imposter syndrome
- How what we know to be true might not always be what others know to be true
- Her positive experience with divorce