When Laura Peña came home from her nine-to-five job one evening, she opened the door, saw her husband watching TV, and thought to herself: Is this it? Is this life? There must be more.
She felt like she was on a train going a million miles an hour. And then suddenly, she stopped and thought to herself: Is this where I’m supposed to be?
Today Laura is the founder of She Is The Universe, a global platform that inspires and empowers teenage girls around the world.
In this episode, Laura Peña and I discuss:
- Why it’s ok to feel like there’s more to experience in your life than you have so far
- The benefits of leaning into discomfort
- Ways to step outside your comfort zone
- What it’s like to live a nomadic life
- Why our gifts don’t always need to make money
- The inspiration behind She’s The Universe
- How her parents attempt at starting ideas has inspired her
- The importance of sharing our own stories and acknowledging that other people do care about our stories