Mari Luangrath-Ullrick was a beacon of hope for me as I went through my divorce. She got divorced, remarried, and successfully blended two families together into a new family.
With 50% of marriages ending in divorce, Mari’s situation isn’t uncommon. But that doesn’t make it any easier to live through.
Mari is the founder of Blend Rebels, a community that helps families around the world make blending families easier with less work, fewer tears, and less contention.
In this episode, Mari Luangrath-Ullrick and I chat about:
- The moment she realized she wasn’t alone in getting a divorce and there were others out there going through the same thing
- How becoming a parent completely defied her expectations for having a child
- The ways her wildly successful cupcake business affected her marriage
- Where her desire to create businesses comes from
- How she felt the night of her first Thanksgiving post divorce
- Why we need more inclusion for blended families and divorced partners
- What she learned from a childhood of playing violin